World Summit Awards 2021
Applications are open for the World Summit Award (WSA) 2021. The WSA is a unique awards system, selecting and promoting local digital innovation with high impact on improving society. It is a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. Winners benefit not from a one-time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration. WSA categories reflect the UN WSIS action lines and are updated regularly to meet the development of the markets. For the edition of the World Summit Awards 2021 the categories are:
- Government & Citizen Engagement: services, open data, democratic participation
- Health & Wellbeing: Medical care, sport, lifestyle
- Learning & Education: knowledge, science, skills
- Environment & Green Energy: climate, sustainable resources, agriculture
- Culture & Tourism: Heritage, Entertainment, Subcultures
- Smart Settlements & Urbanization: Mobility, Productive work, Sustainable living
- Business & Commerce: Innovative services, security, finance, marketing
- Inclusion & Empowerment: diversity, gender, justice, human right
- WSA is open to any company, organisation or individual in any UN and UNESCO member state.
- They look for digital applications that have a strong impact on society in one of the 8 WSA categories. WSA focuses on content depth, strategic value and local impact of a product.
Deadline: September 30, 2021