Strategic Management Society (SMS) Research in Organizations Program
The Strategy Research Foundation (SRF) of the Strategic Management Society (SMS) announces its 2021 Research in Organizations (RiO) Program. The objective of the RiO program is to support empirical studies conducted in organizational settings in which scholars collaborate with managers to address a problem important to both the theory and practice of strategic management. The grants encourage strategic management researchers to engage more closely with strategic decision-makers and strategy developers in different types of organizations. Thus, all proposals are required to formally include an organization that will serve as the primary research site and the subject of study.
- A full-time faculty member or post-doctoral researcher affiliated with a university, who is a current member of the Strategic Management Society.
- All proposals must identify a Principal Investigator (PI), a Co-Investigator (CI), and one or more Participating Organization(s) (PO) to serve as the research setting
- The PI who leads the research effort and to whom the grant is awarded must be a full-time faculty member or post-doctoral researcher affiliated with a university and a current member of the Strategic Management Society at the time of submission and throughout the grant period
- The PO may be public or private and for-profit or not-for-profit. It may not be a university. The project must contain a significant empirical component that involves the collection of qualitative and/or quantitative data in the PO
- All SRF grants are intended to support research that has not been undertaken. Thus, completed work is not eligible for funding
Grants of up to US$25,000, to support direct research expenses such as data collection and research assistance. No institutional overhead will be paid. The application deadline is October 1, 2021.