China Scholarship Council
Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology has developed into an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented, leading national university with science and engineering as its core, encompassing management, liberal arts, economy and law as a whole. The duration of the doctoral scholarship is 4-5 years. The scholarship covers; Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee; 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance; Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates: Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese (except Sociology). An applicant with no command of Chinese is required to take a one-year Chinese language course and need to pass HSK 4 to continue the following major studies taught in Chinese. For programs taught in English, an applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English proficiency certificate, a score above 80 for TOEFL or 5.5 for IELTS, and a certificate from a former university is also acceptable. Applications open from October 15 to December 20